Saturday, June 6th
Judge: Leah James
National Specialty Junior Stipend
In late 2019 the CWCCA board approved a new benefit for our juniors. Beginning with the 2021 National Specialty, juniors may apply for a “National Specialty Stipend” to help with the expense of traveling to the National. Requirements are as follows:
- The Junior must be a regular junior member (not in the application stage) of the CWCCA. Remember, junior members are free, however they can take 60-90 days for approval, so get those membership applications in! Click here to visit our “How to Join” page for an application. Remember: Junior Memberships are FREE!
- An application for the stipend can be found below as well as on the Junior Section of the National Specialty website. The closing date for applications is the same as the closing date for other events.
- This is available to all juniors who participate in Junior Showmanship or a Companion or Performance event at the National Specialty. A junior is only eligible for a single stipend per National.
- The stipend offered in 2021 will be $100.
- In order to receive the stipend the Junior must submit a paragraph telling us of his/her experience at the National, and any other information he/she would like to include (i.e. tell us about your Cardigan, is this your first National, how you traveled to get there, etc). The paragraph must be submitted within 60 days from the end date of the National Specialty. It is to be mailed or emailed to Kathi Myers (contact information below). Once the paragraph is received, the check will be mailed. Paragraphs will be published in either the Bulletin or the Newsletter as well as appearing on the website.
We have found a volunteer to host a junior get-together Friday afternoon. It will be held at Diana Mann’s RV.
Junior Participation (Goody) Bags
Donations can be anything for the kids or the dogs. It can be “]something useful in traveling, grooming, training or just plain having fun. And if you had a particular something in mind but can not do 12….please tell me and I will try to find someone to go in on the donation with you. If you want ideas or suggestions let me know. And as always monetary donations are welcome also!
If you wish to make a monetary donation, please use our NS Cardishop. You can pay by debit/credit card via Stripe, by check or through PayPal . Using the Cardishop will allow us to track the amount so that we can plan accordingly. If you send a check without using the Cardishop, please drop me a note.
We need to receive all donated physical items before 05/15/2021 unless you can (or plan to) deliver them to me at Purina. This year all non-monetary donations should be sent to me as follows:
Mandy Bossi – CWCCA Juniors
529 Foxwood Lane
Wilmington, NC 28409
The CWCCA has a great group of juniors and I am thankful for your continued support of them.
CWCCA Junior Showmanship Committee