Grooming facilities at Purina are the top of the line! They have right and left handed bathing tubs, adequate space for all of us, and plenty of power. Premium reserved grooming will be $50 per spot for the week. Handicapped-accessible spaces are available. There will be 20 free spaces available but not reservable at this time.
Space will be allocated based on 4 dogs per a 5×10 space. Crates must be stackable. Those with fewer than 4 dogs maybe asked to share with others if space becomes critical.
A bathing area is located inside the Purina Event Center close to the grooming areas. The
Purina Event Center will NOT be providing towels.
OBEDIENCE, RALLY AND AGILITY EXHIBITORS RINGSIDE CRATING – There will be an area designated near each ring for soft sided crates. This area will be available on Monday (all day) through close of obedience, rally and agility on Tuesday. No overnight crating at ringside. A FLOOR COVERING MUST BE PLACED UNDER EVERY CRATE – RUG, TOWEL, MAT, ETC. OR A MINIMUM OF 4 MIL PLASTIC SHEETING, AVAILABLE ONSITE FOR THOSE THAT NEED IT.
The grooming area will be open on Monday, May 6th. The exact time will be posted
later, so check back with the schedule of events or with Marla.
MEMBERS OF THE SHOW COMMITTEE AND THE GROOMING AREA COORDINATOR WILL ENFORCE ALL RULES LISTED BELOW:
- NO outside food or beverage is allowed on the Purina Farms property. Violators will be reported to the AKC (per Purina Event Center).
- Grooming area will be closed from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- No Ex-pens will be allowed in the grooming area and no exercising of dogs is allowed indoors.
- No helium balloons allowed in the grooming area.
- 4 dogs minimum per space. If you only have one or two dogs, please find someone to share with. If you need help in finding someone to share with please send an email to the grooming chair, and they will do their best to hook you up.
- No soft-sided crates are allowed in the main grooming area and all crates must be stackable.
- Maximum of 2 spaces per person, as long as you have four or more dogs in each.
- NO requests for a specific space.
- If you are in a large group, have ONE person submit for the group.
- NO spaces will be sold for a separate area to entertain.
- If you have someone that you would like to groom with, please let us know on the form.
- All spaces must be paid by Paypal or Check through the NS Cardishop within 10 days, or the spaces will return to the pool.
- Spaces are 5′ x 10′ and have power.
- Exhibitors are responsible for keeping a clean area in and around their grooming space. The grooming area will be cleaned nightly. Please remember to clean your area prior to leaving for the night.
Dogs may be left in the grooming area overnight from Monday night, May 6th though Friday night May 10th, HOWEVER, each dog must have a card filled out with your contact number and the dog’s info on it. Dogs remaining without the contact information will not be allowed to remain overnight.
We must be totally out of the grooming room by 10 p.m. on Saturday, May 11th. Please plan accordingly around the Annual Banquet which will also be at Purina.
If you have any questions concerning the grooming and/or the grooming area guidelines, please contact:
Marla Gardner, Grooming Chair
(314) 894-0455 (please leave a detailed message)
Entries closed at noon PDT 04/10/2019.
If you need help with an entry e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org