The Scentwork Test on Tuesday, May 5th concurrent with our Obedience and Rally Trials.
Scent Work Chair:
Stephanie Hoyer firstname.lastname@example.org
Merinda Tiffany email@example.com
- Gate Stewards (2)
- Keep the queue exhibitors flowing smoothly.
- Use megaphone to call for exhibitors to come to the queue area
- Have them wait under the e-z up until called into the hallway by 2nd gate judge.
- Check name and number and cross off list as exhibitors enter.
- Note: DO NOT OPEN DOOR TO SEARCH AREA. Judge’s Steward will invite exhibitor into search area once the previous dog has exited.
- Judge’s Steward (1)
- Handle score sheets and greet exhibitor.
- Put entrant score sheet on a clipboard as they enter.
- Give clipboard to judge
- Put completed score sheet in finish box.
- Make sure entrant has exited search area before inviting next person in.
- Must be able to use stopwatch. (i.e. NEVER press middle button), left button=start/stop, right button=clear
- Time exhibitor from start to fiish of search per judge’s direction
- Time is recorded to the hundredth of a second.
- Parking lot steward
- Help gate steward find exhibitors in parking area.
- Score sheet Runner
- Collect score sheets from finished box and take them to the trial Secretary.
- Hide Steward: Should be the same person for the ENTIRE DAY. The hide steward cannot compete in the trial.
- At direction of the judge places the hide in search area.
- Should wear vinyl gloves when setting hides
- Should NOT handle or touch any other items.
- Cold Box Handler
- Arranges and straightens, or replaces NON ODOR boxs.
- Do NOT touch boxes holding odor
- Hot Box Handler
- Arranges and straightens, or replaces ODOR boxes.
- Do NOT touch or handle boxes not holding odor